Maternity care in Orem, Utah
The Women’s Center at Timpanogos Regional Hospital is dedicated to providing comprehensive maternal-fetal care in Orem, Utah. Our maternity care team will do everything we can to provide the personalized birthing experience you deserve before, during and after labor and delivery.
Our specialists are available for early consultation if pre-labor complications are expected. To schedule a consultation or a tour of our Women’s Center, please call (801) 714-6025.
Our Women’s Center is newly refurbished to make your maternity stay as comfortable and pleasurable as possible. Our talented team of nurses, OB/GYNs, nurse midwives and support staff provide you with the highest quality care in the safest of environments. This commitment has led us to receive a five-star rating for maternity care.
In the case of an emergency during or after delivery, our Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) is staffed 24/7 with a highly specialized neonatology team who cares for premature or sick newborns.
High-risk pregnancy care
Our neonatologists and perinatologists provide support for high-risk pregnancies. If pre-labor complications are expected, call (801) 714-6025 to find perinatology and neonatology specialists for early consultation. Our specialists can help with any of the following:
- Preterm labor
- Preterm rupture of membranes
- Severe pregnancy-induced hypertension or other hypertensive complications
- Antepartum hemorrhage
- Multiple gestation
- Medical complications of pregnancy (e.g., diabetes, renal disease, hepatitis)
- Intrauterine growth restriction
- Fetal abnormalities
- Inadequate progress in labor
Custom maternity amenities
At Timpanogos Regional Hospital, we offer customizable maternity amenities, so you can create the memory of a lifetime.
Our maternity amenities include:
- In-room accommodations for partner
- Flexible visiting hours
- Advanced infant security
- Doulas allowed
- The Bradley Method®
- Choice of epidural
- Vaginal birth after C-section
- Umbilical cord cutting
- Cord blood options
- Skin-to-skin contact after C-section
- Skype delivery
Pain relief options
- Breathing techniques
- Cold therapy
- Intravenous (IV) pain control
- Hot therapy
- Standard epidural
- Baby can room-in or sleep in the nursery
- Lactation support
- Pacifiers allowed
- Formula allowed
- Celebratory meal
- Breast pump
- Blue Distinction® Specialty Care
- Level III NICU
- Surrogacy support
- Same-sex partners
- Adoption support
What to expect during labor and delivery
At our Women’s Center in Orem, Utah, you’ll find nurses, physicians and support staff who love their jobs. It’s our goal to make your birthing experience special and comfortable.
You will find an overview below of what to expect during labor and delivery at Timpanogos Women’s Center:
- Slushies (because they taste a lot better than ice during labor)
- Quiet, family-centered birthing suites equipped for a number of labor and birthing options, including a room with a whirlpool tub
- OB/GYN on-hand 24/7 for any emergencies until your provider arrives
- Free Wi-Fi, cable television and new release movie channels
- Comfortable accommodations for your significant other, including meals during labor so they never have to leave your side
- Accommodations for your partner in the operating room, in the case of a planned C-section, and a private waiting area for family and friends
- 24/7 visiting hours in the labor and delivery unit
- Custom flavored soda options
- A delicious new mother’s celebration feast and special gifts for both you and your baby
- Private and spacious post-partum suites that provide accommodations for your partner and plenty of room for your baby to stay with you
- Locked-down unit with state-of-the-art HUGS infant security system to protect your baby throughout your hospital stay
- New baby nursery for those times you need to shower or get a little sleep
- Skin-to-skin support immediately following birth and throughout your hospital stay
- Certified lactation consultants to assist with breastfeeding
- Donated breast milk for mothers who cannot produce milk
Maternity classes and tours
At Timpanogos Women’s Center, we want to help you and your family prepare for the new baby. We offer a variety of childbirth classes, including a breastfeeding class and a sibling class. We also invite you to schedule a tour of our Women’s Center as well, so you can familiarize yourself with the surroundings.
Birthing day playlist quiz
Discover the best songs for your birthing playlist and rock your delivery day.
Q: Where would you rather go into labor?
- In an Anthropologie
- The middle of a rainforest
- Under the stars
- At a rock concert
- At the beach
Q: Since you’ve been pregnant, what type of food or drink do you miss the most?
- Your local microbrew
- Rare steak
- Gallons of sweet tea
Q: Who would you rather see in concert?
- Miranda Lambert
- Mumford & Sons
Q: When do you most like listening to music?
- While doing yoga
- While on long drives
- On your daily run
- While cooking dinner
- At work
Q: Pick your favorite baby name
Q: What is your ideal weekend activity?
- Going on a hike
- Going to the lake
- Relaxing at the beach
- Going shopping
- Grabbing coffee with a friend
Q: If you were in a band, which role would you fill?
- Ukulele player
- Piano player
- Electric guitarist
- Steel guitarist
- Lead vocalist
For your convenience, you may pre-register online for your maternity stay at Timpanogos Regional Hospital.