Professional nursing contributions
In addition to their job of helping patients day-in and day-out, Timpanogos Regional Hospital professional nurses, go the extra mile by contributing in areas such as community support, education and hospital improvement. See examples by clicking here: #NursesCare
- Teddy Bear Clinic – Annual event helping minimize the fears of children and their parents to understand that the hospital is a safe place to be
- NICU Reunion – Acknowledging children and their families who have dealt with the challenges of early childbirth and related complications.
- Save It for Samoa – collection campaign
- COVID Redeployment – During the time of COVID, RNs stepped out of traditional roles to work in the community-testing tent and to screen employees and visitors at hospital entrances.
NEBO District Career Day – Helping students understand the value of a career in nursing.
- Your Friend the Hospital – 2nd Grade Education Day about Nursing and the Healthcare profession.
- Stop the Bleed education for community, agency, and the general public. For example, UVU health fair and Orem Fire public education day.
- Stroke, AMI, community education at various fairs and business lunch and learns
- Pediatric Boot Camp – Training nurses at Timp and sister facilities about pediatric nursing.
Continuous improvement and recognition of excellence
- Nurse Practice Committee
- Good Catch Program – which spotlights staff for finding issues, reporting, and making positive changes to improve patient safety.
- Studies: Accendowave, NICU Music
- DAISY® Award
- Hospital Heroes