At Timpanogos Regional Hospital
Our volunteers provide countless hours of service to the patients, visitors and staff of Timpanogos Regional Hospital. They are an integral part of our hospital family, staffing the Information Desk and Gift Shop, and providing support in various departments throughout the hospital. We appreciate those willing to share their time and talents in support of Timpanogos Regional Hospital and the Orem community.
Contact and Apply today
If you'd like to join our volunteer team, click on the link below and complete the volunteer application form. We will contact you after this form has been completed.
What are we looking for?
- Enthusiasm, Energy and Excitement!
- A positive attitude and the desire to serve others with compassion
- Commitment to volunteering on a regular, weekly basis
- Willingness and desire to learn more about healthcare
- Ability to connect with our patients and family members to provide a positive environment
We have many wonderful volunteers and are looking for more in the following areas:
- Main Lobby Desk
- Gift Shop
- Emergency Department
- Same Day Surgery
- Women Services
- Inpatient Units (Medical, Ortho, Neuro, Surgical and Pediatrics)
What is required to volunteer at Timpanogos?
- Age: Must be at least 18 years of age. Junior Volunteer applicants (17 years old) may be considered if appropriate opportunities are available. Additional paperwork is needed along with parental/guardian permission.
- Interview: After your application has been reviewed you may be contacted for an interview. Interviews are based on current openings and are conducted to determine if volunteering will be a good match for both you and the hospital. Please bring your immunization records with you to the interview. Immunization records are required if you were born in or after 1957.
- Commitment: Due to the resources and time invested in volunteer onboarding and training, we require a minimum commitment of 6 months/100 hours (approximately one, four-hour shift per week for six months) from our new volunteers.
- Background Check: Timpanogos requires a background check for all potential volunteers. This requires your driver’s license, social security number, and former addresses to complete.
- Health Screening: New volunteers will need to be up to date on all immunizations (MMR, Hep B, Tdap, and Varicella). 2 Tuberculosis (TB) skin tests will need to be completed before volunteering can begin, unless already completed within the last year. Timpanogos offers TB testing and the annual flu vaccine to all our volunteers.
- New Volunteer Orientation: All new volunteers are required to attend volunteer orientation prior to their first shift. Each volunteer will also have area specific training for the unit that you will be assigned.
- Shifts: Shifts vary based on specific areas. Opportunities to volunteer are available at all times of the day.
We would love to have you volunteer at Timpanogos Regional Hospital! Please feel free to contact Nicole Best at (801) 714-6175 or email@example.com with any questions. We look forward to hearing from you!