Expert Kid Kare Right Where You Are
Our kids don’t have to leave Utah County for specialized pediatric care. Timpanogos Regional Hospital is right here close to home in Orem for the kid care services our little ones may need.
Your family can count on us for everything from in-and-out trips to the emergency room and quick outpatient visits to extended-stay pediatric healing you can trust.
At Timpanogos Regional Hospital, every child is a star. Stay where you are to receive the highest quality kid kare.
Emergency Kid Kare
The Timpanogos Regional Hospital ER is here to treat emergencies both big and small. Our friendly, emergency physicians and nurses greet your child with a smile and get them in-and-out quickly so there is little fear and even less waiting.
If by chance your child needs extra TLC overnight in the hospital, our pediatric intensivist is available around the clock for expert pediatric consultation and immediate care on most illnesses. In most cases, your child can stay right here close to home without being transferred to another facility.
- Brightly colored, kid-friendly exam rooms
- Courage cape for your little superhero upon arrival
- Activities to keep your little patient distracted during treatment
- Family waiting area complete with kid movies and tablet
- Expert, overnight care without being transferred to another hospital
- Physicians, nurses and respiratory therapists trained in PALS pediatric advanced life support
- On-site RSV suction clinic for respiratory distress
Pediatric Intensive Kare
The Pediatric Intensive Care Unit or PICU, is equipped to take care of the sickest children. Timpanogos Regional Hospital is honored to bring a PICU to Utah County, so families do not need to leave home for the highest-quality pediatric care.
Our critical care specialists have years of intensive pediatric care training and are highly qualified to take care of life-threatening diseases and injuries. Working hand-in-hand with your pediatrician, a critical care specialist is available 24/7 to provide personalized pediatric care in a family-centered environment.
- Highest level of pediatric care without leaving Utah County
- Pediatric critical care physicians available 24/7
- Individual care from highly trained pediatric nurses and respiratory therapists
- Pediatric support team of physical, occupational and speech therapists, dietician, child life specialist and social workers
- Accommodations for parents so you never have to leave their side
- Advanced technology for continuous monitoring; including life support
- Pediatric sedation to help your child be as comfortable as possible for procedures or imaging
- Personalized care after major pediatric surgery
- Direct access to pediatric specialists including ENT, cardiology, orthopedic, radiologist and anesthesiologist
Your child’s surgery might seem a little scary to you and your child. That’s why we do everything we can to help your little patient feel as comfortable as possible when coming in for a procedure. Rest assured, they will have you or family by their side for as long as possible before going to the operating room with their pediatric surgery team.
During the procedure, your child will be in the extremely capable hands of our expert pediatric surgeons and pediatric anesthesiologist. After surgery, your child will be with a specialized team of pediatric nurses and staff in the PICU or our wake-up recovery room. As they wake-up, you will be right with them in the recovery room.
- Expert pediatric surgeons including ENT and Orthopedic
- Pediatric-trained anesthesiologist
- Craniofacial procedures
- Courage cape for your little superhero upon arrival
- Kid-decorated pre and post-surgery room
- Parent by child’s side for as long as possible before surgery, and right there after surgery
- Child-life speicalist to make your child's visit as comfortable as possible
Preparing your child for surgery at Timpanogos Regional Hospital
If you’re child has to spend the night in the hospital, they might as well do it surrounded by their favorite Disney and Dr. Seuss friends. The themed rooms for kids of all ages in our pediatric unit is just one of the many ways we provide the highest quality care in the most fun ways.
Never leave your child’s side as we provide meals and sleeping arraignments for mom or dad. You can also expect personalized care from our pediatric certified nursing staff and a clearly defined care plan to get your little one back to their own bed as soon as possible.
- Kid-themed recovery rooms
- Joint care with your child’s pediatrician and our pediatric intensivist
- Personalized attention from friendly, pediatric-trained nurses
- Patient-only play room including toys and gaming system
- Patient tablets and 24/7 kid movies
- Never leave their side with parent meals and sleeping arrangements provided
- Highly secure, locked-down pediatric unit
- Kid-friendly menu items
Whether it’s an x-ray, MRI or CT scan, we do everything in our power to make your child’s imaging experience quick and fearless. Your little superhero will feel brave in their courage cape as they follow our hero path to their scan.
For younger children needing long imaging procedures, sedation from our pediatric anesthesiologist or pediatric intensivist is available to make it a much better experience.
- Pediatric sedation on longer procedures for younger children
- High-tech imaging that limits exposure for your little one
- Low dose radiation CT machine right in the emergency room for a quicker, safer scan
- Child-life specialist right there to make the procedure easier on you and your little patient
- Friendly, pediatric-trained radiologists and techs
Our staff is specially-trained for dealing with little veins and bladders. Most importantly they are skilled in the art of distraction and speed!
After being greeted with a big smile, your little one will be on their way with a fun-colored arm wrap before they even have a chance to worry about the needle.
- Courage cape for every superhero patient
- Friendly, kid-trained phlebotomists
- Access to blood and urine testing close to home
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
Kid Kare at Timpanogos Regional Hospital starts from the very beginning of life with our award-winning, Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). Our NICU cares for newborn infants that need a little more TLC before they leave the hospital while the PICU cares for children from infancy through age 18.
The 24-bed NICU provides care for infants as young as 24 weeks gestation and as small as 1 pound. Each NICU bay is equipped with a live-digital camera so families can see their baby anytime right from their smartphone, tablet or home computer. And did we mention we have the only NICU in the state with the Joint Commission Prematurity Certification?
- Board-Certified neonatology team
- Capacity to care for almost every level of critical babies, even those as young as 24 weeks and as small as 1 pound.
- See your NICU infant whenever and from wherever you'd like through a secure, live video feed accessible from your smartphone, tablet or personal computer.
- Only NICU in the state with the Joint Commission Prematurity Certification.
- One of only two NICUs in Utah with a HeRO(R) monitoring system to predict serious conditions before symptoms are visible; increasing chance of survival by 20%.
- Neonatal hypothermic cooling system that allows baby's body temperature to cool down, saving brain function.
- 24/7 monitoring from a team of nearly 60 passionate, experienced, and caring nurses trained in neonatal care.
- A skilled support team, including: a Board-Certified lactation consultant; respiratory, occupational, physical, and speech therapists; registered dietitians; lab technicians and licensed social workers.
Pediatric Specialty Clinic
You no longer have to travel outside of Utah County to see expert pediatric specialists. Our Pediatric Specialty Clinic provides a kid-friendly clinic close to home. Timpanogos Children's Services offers pediatric specialists in the following areas:
To schedule a visit or learn more about the services offered, call:
Pediatric Specialty Clinic
Timpanogos Regional Hospital Physician Office Building
700 West 800 North, Suite 444 Orem, UT 84057
Take elevator to the 4th floor. Exit to your right and turn right again. We are located at the end of the hall next to the HIM and Medical Staff offices.
Check out our blog for more children's health articles!
Let others know about your experience!