2016 designation recognizes proven records of excellence in patient care
Orem, UT - Timpanogos Regional Hospital is the only hospital in Utah County named among the 2016 "100 Great Community Hospitals" by Becker’s Hospital Review. Only five community hospitals in Utah achieved this notable distinction.
To develop this year’s list, the Becker’s editorial team considered U.S. hospitals with fewer than 550 patient beds and rankings and awards from one or more notable healthcare review organizations. Hospitals featured in the 2016 list had earned recognition from national healthcare ranking organizations like the American Nurses Credentialing Center, CareChex, iVantage Health Analytics, Healthgrades, Leapfrog Group and Truven Health Analytics.
"We are proud to be named a 100 Great Community Hospital," said Kimball Anderson, CEO of Timpanogos Regional Hospital. "But we are most proud of our dedicated and caring staff, including our physicians and volunteers. This honor is a direct reflection of them and their approach to providing excellent care to patients in our hospital each and every day."
With 122 beds, Timpanogos Regional Hospital was recognized for achieving the following recognition:
- Among the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals® in the medium community hospital category for the second consecutive year. (Truven Health Analytics 2015-2016)
- Earned recognition as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures™ in three reports (The Joint Commission 2012, 2014 and 2015).
- Achieved the 2015 HealthInsight Quality Award
- Recognized with the Patient Safety Excellence Award™, ranking it among the Top five percent in the nation for patient safety (Healthgrades 2013 & 2015)
- Rated among Top 5 percent in the nation for Maternity Care and Top 10 percent for gynecologic surgery (Healthgrades 2014 & 2015)
- Achieved the Get With The Guidelines® - Stroke Gold Plus Award recognition (American Stroke Association 2014 & 2015) Visit the Becker’s Hospital Review website to learn more about the 100 Great Community Hospitals and see a complete list of 2016 recipients.