June 12, 2017
For the second year in a row, Timpanogos Regional Hospital is the only hospital in Utah County named among the 2017 "100 Great Community Hospitals" by Becker's Hospital Review. Only five community hospitals in Utah achieved this notable distinction.
"We are honored to be recognized again as a 100 Great Community Hospital," said Kimball Anderson, CEO at Timpanogos Regional Hospital. "The key to being a great community hospital is being a part of a great community. We are blessed to serve the wonderful people living in Utah County and commend our physicians, nurses, volunteers and the rest of our staff for providing the high quality healthcare this community deserves."
To develop this year's list, the Becker's editorial team considered U.S. hospitals with fewer than 550 patient beds and rankings and awards from one or more notable healthcare review organizations. Hospitals featured in the 2016 list had earned recognition from national healthcare ranking organizations like the American Nurses Credentialing Center, CareChex, iVantage Health Analytics, Healthgrades, Leapfrog Group and Truven Health Analytics.
With 122 beds, Timpanogos Regional Hospital was recognized for achieving the following recognition:
- Among the nation's 100 Top Hospitals® in the medium community hospital category (Truven Health Analytics 2015-2016)
- Earned recognition as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures™ in three reports (The Joint Commission 2012, 2014 and 2015).
- Achieved the 2015 Healthinsight Quality Award
- Recognized with the Patient Safety Excellence Award™, ranking it among the Top five percent in the nation for patient safety (Healthgrades 2013 & 2015)
- Rated among Top 5 percent in the nation for Maternity Care and Top 10 percent for gynecologic surgery (Healthgrades 2014 & 2015)
- Achieved the Get With The Guidelines® - Stroke Gold Plus Award recognition (American Stroke Association 2014, 2015 & 2016)